1. Bora Bora – French Polynesia
Bora Bora lies in the central and southern Pacific Ocean. It boasts beautiful lagoons, white sand and bright green vegetation.
It is said to be one of the most beautiful islands in the world!
2. VANUA LEVU – Fiji
It has the 3rd largest coral reef in the world and was the location for films such as ‘Cast Away’ and ‘Blue Lagoon’. Vanua Levu also has incredible volcanic mountains as well as beaches bordered with palm trees!
3. VAVA’U – Tonga
This enchanted land is best visited with a sailing boat. Between July and November, whales migrate from Antarctica to give birth and bring up their calves. It is a very special experience to swim with the whales during this time!
- destination des.tɪˈneɪ.ʃən: noun – the place where someone is going or where something is being sent or taken
- lagoon ləˈɡuːn – noun: an area of sea water separated from the sea by a reef (= a line of rocks and sand)
- sand sænd – noun: a substance that consists of very small grains of rock, found on beaches and in deserts
- vegetation vedʒ.ɪˈteɪ.ʃən – noun: plants in general, or plants that are found in a particular area
- beautiful ˈbjuː.tɪ.fəl – adjective: very attractive
- reef riːf – noun: a line of rocks or sand just above or just below the surfaceof the sea, often dangerous to ships
- volcanic vɒlˈkeɪ.nəʊ – noun: a mountain with a large, circular hole at the top through which lava (= hot liquid rock) gases, steam, and dust are or have been forced out
- palm (tree) ˈpɑm (ˌtri) – noun: a tree growing in warm regions and having a tall, straighttrunk, no branches, and a mass of long, pointed leaves at the top
- enchanted ɪnˈtʃɑːn.tɪd – adjective: affected by magic or seeming to be affected by magic
- sailing boat ˈseɪ.lɪŋ ˌbəʊt – noun: a small boat with sails
- whale Weɪl – noun: a very large sea mammal that breathes air through a holeat the top of its head
- migrate maɪˈɡreɪt – verb: when an animal migrates, it travels to a different place, usually when the season changes
- swim swɪm – verb: to move through water by moving the body or partsof the body
- border ˈbɔː.dər – verb: to form a line around the edge of something
- bring up brɪŋ – phrasal verb with bring: to care for a child (or baby animal) until it is an adult