Updated: 25th of May, 2018
This policy describes how we collect and process personal data about our customers and users of our products and services. All references to “we”, “us” and “ours” refer to the Lango AS, a company incorporated under the laws of Norway.
We offer a platform for facilitating language learning where professional mentors, teachers and language learners interact with each other in live group and one-to-one sessions. In addition, the platform features a number of digital language learning tools.
To provide the services featured on the platform we inevitably process personal data about the mentors, teachers and language learners who have signed up to the platform with a unique and personal user profile. In the following, we will describe in further detail what data we collect and how we process your information.
1 Customer data
When you conclude a subscription agreement with us, we collect the following data:
- E-mail address
- Phone number
- City and Country
- Native language
- Job title
- Company and department
- Motivation for improving English
- Times available during week to learn
- Date of birth
- English language comprehension
- Progress and attendance of the courses and language assignment
The information is stored for the duration of the agreement in order to manage the customer relationship we have with you. Once your subscription expires, we immediately deactivate your account. Your account, including your personal data, is retained for 12 months. Your account is thereafter permanently deleted. We keep your account in deactivated status for 12 months in order to provide you with all your acquired information in the case you choose to sign on to a new subscription plan in the future.
In addition to your all data connected to your profile, we may continue to store your personal data after the expiration of your subscription for the following reasons:
- Bookkeeping (we have a duty to store accounting information for 5 years in accordance with Norwegian law)
- Collecting any outstanding amounts (if you still owe us money after expiration of the agreement)
- Defend any legal claims (if we are in dispute over the rights or obligations of the agreement)
2 User data
We store all the information you voluntarily share on our platform, such as your pictures, videos, text and other information. The content may be deleted by you at any time directly in your user profile. Please get in contact with us at [email protected] if you’re not sure where to find your data.
3 Log data
Whenever you use our platform we collect information about your activities to provide technical support, and maintain adequate information security. We collect the following information:
- IP addresses
- What browser you use
- What operating system you use
- When you’re logged in
- What lessons, activities and pages you access
Only technical personnel working under strict obligations of confidentiality have access to the above mentioned categories of data. The log data is never disseminated to third parties, unless required by law.
4 Customer support and commercial communications
You may subscribe to our newsletter and other information to us on our website. You may unsubscribe at any time. Your information is not shared with any third parties unless you have given your consent.
Chat logs and email correspondence is kept for 5 (five) years in the case you contact us again for a similar enquiry. You may nevertheless at any time request us to delete such data if you want to.
If you are a customer, we retain the chat logs and email correspondence as long as you are an active customer in order to give you the best possible customer support. The information may also be necessary to retain in relation to customer complaints or returns. You may request us to delete chat logs and email correspondence. We will consider your request reasonably. If we decide to retain your data, we will explain our reasons for doing so in a timely manner.
5 Your rights as a data subject
If you have any questions about how we process your personal data, we will provide you with an answer to your inquiry in a timely manner. You may also request us to:
- Provide you with all the personal data we have stored about you
- Correct any errors in the personal data we have stored about you
- Delete any personal data we have stored about you if we do not longer have a legal reason to retain it.
- Transfer the data stored about you in a machine-readable format
You may at any time file a complaint to the data processing authorities in your country if you are displeased with how we process your personal data.
6 Our data processors
This section describes our data processors and the services we use.
- Google Analytics (to provide log data on how our platform is used)
- Stripe (payment services, process your payment information)
- Cisco Webex (video streaming services)
- Microsoft Azure (cloud storage services)
- HubSpot (CRM-system where customer data is stored)
- Google Suite (Gdrive where customer user info is stored?
7 Transfer of personal data outside EU/EEA
All the above mentioned data processors may transfer your personal data outside EU/EEA. All such transfer of personal data is subject to adequate technical and legal protective measures, in accordance with the standard contractual clauses provided by the Commission of the European Union.